Our affiliate company, AIC Global Holdings has the following opportunity:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain corporate records, prepare resolutions for routine matters such as dividend declarations, changes to directors and officers, name changes, annual resolutions and obtain required signatures
- Complete minute book reviews, identify and correct any deficiencies, and prepare ratification documentation for all types of entities within set timelines
- Organize and manage corporate minute books and files, including the input and maintenance of paper and electronic corporate records
- Coordinate with other professional advisors including specialized legal advisors; ensure that deliverables are met within set timelines and that associated time and disbursements are accurately captured
- Reviewing, revising and drafting legal correspondence including contracts; correspondence; resolutions, etc.; under supervision
- Completing due diligence and KYC requests
- Preparing various annual regulatory filings
- Communication and coordination with various stakeholders across the conglomerate – board of directors, senior management, and other departments
- Special projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in assisting on closings of complex corporate/commercial, financing and M&A transactions.
- Able to work cooperatively with others as part of a team and also able to work independently on certain tasks.
- The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, prioritize workflow, and to follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required.
- Possess superior attention to detail, organizational, analytical and English written and oral communication skills.
- Committed and flexible team player and able to work extended hours when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Excellent keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with demonstrated expertise in Word, Outlook and Excel (Power Point knowledge is an asset).
- Be willing and positive towards advancing skills and adapting to new responsibilities.
- College Diploma Law Clerk Program or equivalent work experience.
- Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario an asset
- Minimum 5 years of recent and related experience working in a corporate law firm on in-house legal department.
- Experience with maintaining off-shore companies and with off-shore regulators would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.