Portland Value Plus Fund was formally known as Portland Advantage Plus - Value Fund.
* Since the Fund does not necessarily invest in the same securities as the benchmark or in the same proportion, the performance of the Fund may not be directly comparable to the benchmark. In addition, the Fund’s performance returns reflect the use of leverage. The use of a benchmark is for illustrative purposes only, and is not an indication of performance of the Fund.
2. Generally available through dealers who have entered into a Portland Series F Dealer Agreement.
3. Accredited Investors as defined under National Instrument 45-106.
4. For investors who are not Accredited Investors, the additional investment must be in an amount that is not less than $500 if the investor initially acquired Units for an acquisition cost of not less than $150,000 and, at the time of the additional investment, the Units then held by the investor have an acquisition cost or a net asset value equal to at least $150,000, or another exemption is available.
5. Values are shown as a percentage of total assets (portfolio investments) and does not take into account other net assets (liabilities).
Risk tolerance measures the degree of uncertainty that an investor can handle regarding fluctuations in the value of their portfolio. The amount of risk associated with any particular investment depends largely on your own personal circumstances including your time horizon, liquidity needs, portfolio size, income, investment knowledge and attitude toward price fluctuations. Please read the “Risk Factors” section in the Offering Memorandum for a more detailed description of all the relevant risks.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and does not take into account sales, redemptions, distributions or optional charges or income taxes payable by any securityholder in respect of a participating fund that would have reduced returns. Funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
The Portland Value Plus Fund (the “Fund”) is not publicly offered. It is only available under Offering Memorandum and other exemptions to investors who meet certain eligibility or minimum purchase requirements such as “accredited investors”. You will only be permitted to purchase Units if your purchase qualifies for one of these exemptions. A list of criteria to qualify as an accredited investor is set out in the subscription agreement delivered with the Offering Memorandum and generally includes individuals who have net assets of at least $5,000,000, or financial assets of at least $1,000,000, or personal income of at least $200,000, or combined spousal income of at least $300,000 in the previous two years with reasonable prospects of same in the current year, or an individual registered under the securities legislation of a jurisdiction of Canada as a representative of a registered adviser or dealer.
Information herein pertaining to the Fund is solely for the purpose of providing information and is not to be construed as a public offering in any jurisdiction of Canada. The offering of Units of the Fund is made pursuant to an Offering Memorandum and the information contained herein is a summary only and is qualified by the more detailed information in the Offering Memorandum.
Portland Investment Counsel Inc. has not independently verified all the information and opinions given in this material. Accordingly, no representative or warranty, express or implied, is made as to the accuracy, completeness or fairness of the information and opinions contained in this material. Information presented in this material should be considered for background information only and should not be construed as investment or financial advice. Please consult a Financial Advisor. Every effort has been made to ensure the utmost accuracy of the information provided. Information provided is believed to be reliable when published. All information is subject to modification from time to time without notice. Consent is required for any reproduction, in whole or in part, of this piece and/or of its images and concepts. PORTLAND, PORTLAND INVESTMENT COUNSEL and the Clock Tower Design are registered trademarks of Portland Holdings Inc. Used under license by Portland Investment Counsel Inc.