Regional Inside Sales Associate
Reporting to the Regional Vice President (RVP), Sales and as part of a dedicated sales support team, to respond to inbound calls and initiate outbound calls on a daily basis to financial advisors, family offices, institutions, endowments and brokers to:
- Thank them for their support and look for further sales opportunities;
- Prospect and identify potential supporters;
- Identify and book meetings for RVP, Sales when prospective leads or opportunities are uncovered;
- Follow up after RVP meetings to keep Portland Investment Counsel Inc.’s (“PIC”) products and sales ideas top of mind;
- Follow up on new sales and redemptions;
- Provide ongoing service and support including the follow up of Client Services leads and referrals;
- Promote PIC events and corporate initiatives
- Respond to Advisor inquiries.
Provide ongoing support and follow up including:
- Marketing material orders;
- Input sales call notes into the database CRM system;
- Co-op requests;
- Coordinate research requests;
- Prepare portfolio and fund recommendations;
- Request for outstanding documentation.
- Use software tools to plan daily and weekly call lists;
- Brainstorm and coordinate sales ideas with other team members;
- Liaise with RVP to provide update on daily territory activities;
- Research and review PIC marketing and support materials;
- Work with team members to set-up and manage CRM software.
- Achievement Orientation – A concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Commitment to Continuous Learning - Taking action to continuously learn in order to improve individual professionalism and effectiveness within the organisation
- Customer Service Orientation - Focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s or client’s needs
- Initiative – The ability to identify a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and taking action in light of this identification to address current or future problems or opportunities
- Organizational Commitment - The ability and willingness to align one’s own behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of the organization
- Relationship Building - The ability to build, maintain and manage ethical relationships, networks or contacts with people who are helpful in achieving work-related goals
- Self-Confidence - A belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem
- Teamwork and Cooperation -Works cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Bachelors Degree/College Diploma required.
- Canadian Securities Course required.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience working within sales, inside sales or telephone sales environment.
- Previous experience working within the financial services industry.
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.