AIC Global Holdings Inc. has the following opportunity:
Technical Support Specialist
- Provide effective technical and general functional Tier 1/ Tier 2 support to the user community by creating and resolving tickets in the system from requests initiated within the Help Desk phone and email queues. Adhere to phone and email etiquette standards
- Provide effective technical and general functional support to the user community by onsite workstation, printer, fax visits to perform advanced troubleshooting when required. Ensure that client downtime is minimal during onsite visits. Ensure workstation standard builds are adhered to if software or OS installs / patches / changes are required
- Monitor and do daily system checks to ensure specific systems are functionally correctly. Expediently alert necessary peers of failed checks or issues to avoid unnecessary user downtime
- Assist our SOC team with security incidents and investigations while complying with all regulatory requirements and NIST best practices
- Actively participate in various technical initiatives and projects as required by Management.
- Cleanup, inventory management and tracking of technical assets
- Scheduling and follow-up of technical support issues to ensure completion of resolved issues
- Participate in an on-call rotation within the team
- Required to lift packages of up to 20kg (50 lbs) in weight
- Analytical Thinking - Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc. by breaking it into smaller pieces
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance
- Concern for Order - Reflects an underlying drive to reduce uncertainty in the surrounding environment
- Customer Service Orientation - Focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s or client’s needs
- Flexibility – The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Information Seeking - Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues
- Initiative – The ability to identify a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and taking action in light of this identification to address current or future problems or opportunities
- Teamwork and Cooperation -Works cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively
- Bachelors Degree/College Diploma required
- Basic TCPIP Networking desired
- Minimum 1-2 years of real world experience in Information Technology
- Experience with VoIP, AV, TCP/IP Networking, routers switches, firewalls equipment and/or security systems is an asset
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
At AIC Global Holdings Inc., we support diversity and equity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, physical or mental disability.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.