Our affiliate company Mandeville Operations Management Inc. has the following opportunity:
- Assist the CIO to supervise the managed account platforms, including Portfolio Manager Program, Public SMA Program and Private SMA Program.
- Conduct managed account reviews and provided detailed reporting and risk management follow-up to the CIO and interaction with Mandeville’s licensed Portfolio Managers.
- Develop discretionary practice management processes, including model based-trading practices, and provide advisor training on Mandeville’s portfolio management and trading platform (Toogood Evolution), including serving as a subject matter expert.
- Coordinate the new accounts approval process for all managed and option accounts, including new account review, documentation, sign off and processing.
- Conduct deep due diligence on private equity and alternative investment funds and presented them to Mandeville’s CIO and New Product Review Committee. Conduct ongoing monitoring and performance measurement of Mandeville’s public and private product shelf.
- Collect and analyze company data from a variety of sources (Bloomberg, Eikon, annual reports, press releases) in order to monitor current holdings and to identify possible new investments and strategies including key considerations and risks.
- Assist the CIO in managing Mandeville’s Canadian, U.S. and international equity strategies, and providing analysis relative to underling holdings, performance measurement and attribution, as well as marketing and advisor communications.
- Assist in the development of security models and guided portfolios with the goal of identifying “the drivers” of the business and promoting Mandeville’s unique investment philosophy and investment framework.
- Conduct account vs. model rebalancing and bulk trade execution for program traded managed client accounts.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures across all product and service related activities of the dealership.
- Contribute to the publication of Mandeville’s quarterly macro-economic and market commentary.
- Participate in conference calls and portfolio discussions and work closely with the CIO and key stakeholders on business strategy and investment thought leadership.
- Respond to questions from Financial Advisors regarding investment philosophy and other public information regarding Mandeville’s programs, products, and services.
- Achievement Orientation – Creates own measures of excellence
- Analytical Thinking - Makes multiple causal links: i.e. between several potential causes of events and several consequences of actions
- Business Acumen - Understands the internal and external environment
- Commitment to Continuous Learning - Applies updated skills and abilities
- Expertise - Provides extra knowledge
- Information Seeking - Investigates the problem or situation beyond routine questioning
- Teamwork and Cooperation - Genuinely values others’ input and expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in a business related field (i.e. B.Com/BBA) required
- Graduate Degree in Business/Finance (i.e. MBA, M. Fin) desired
- Canadian Securities Course required
- Conduct and Practices Handbook required
- Chartered Financial Analyst: It is expected that as a minimum, the successful candidate will have completed or be enrolled in the CFA level 1 program.
- Previous analytical or related investment experience required. Knowledge of the Canadian investment industry and its regulatory framework, as well as key institutions, managers and products is considered desirable.
Reporting to: Chief Investment Officer, Mandeville Operations Management Inc.
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.